PROTECT STUDENT AND FACULTY DATA RECORDS
There are more than 120 state and federal laws governing how schools collect, use, and protect student data. With this level of complexity, it’s critical that your educational institution partners with an ITAD company that puts your needs in front of its own when it comes to the security of your assets.
EDUCATION INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & EXPERIENCE YOU CAN DEPEND ON
With more than a decade of experience working with clients in the education industry—including public and private k-12 schools, technical colleges, state colleges, and universities—Dynamic Lifecycle Innovations is well-versed in the science of processing IT assets and other materials.
We’re sensitive to and knowledgeable about the environmental, security, compliance, chain-of-custody, and financial challenges educational clients face when recycling and retiring IT equipment. When creating lifecycle programs for our educational clients, we focus on:
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): This law protects the privacy of student educational records. Dynamic Lifecycle Innovations is dedicated to maintaining the security and privacy of student data through the deployment of physical, technical, and procedural safeguards. You and your institution can be certain all equipment and materials are recycled safely and responsibly, and all digital data is destroyed or sanitized to NIST 800-88 and DoD 5220.22m standards.
- Risk Mitigation: We collect, protect, sanitize, and destroy all data and sensitive information according to standards set by the Department of Defense as well as our own rigorous internal standards. Further, we conduct frequent audits of our vendors, subcontractors, and partners, and, in addition, our facilities and business practices are subject to an annual audit by an independent arbiter.
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: By maintaining a closed chain-of-custody throughout all lifecycle processes, we avoid the risk of a security breach of your data-storing devices. We also offer a complete audit report that lists each person who worked with your assets and where the assets were located at all times.
- Sustainable Solution: One of our top priorities is keeping hazardous materials out of landfills, which includes IT equipment as well as the toxic metals used to make the equipment, such as cadmium, lead, or mercury. Our recycling professionals adhere to the highest industry standards for environmental safety, particularly those that help prevent hazardous materials from entering landfills and waste streams.
- Value-Driven Services: With technology becoming a critical and costly part of your budget, Dynamic understands the importance in returning our clients value on functional, good-condition electronics. Reuse of assets also saves energy, reduces greenhouse emissions and conserves natural resources.
INDUSTRY CERTIFICATIONS YOU CAN TRUST
We understand how imperative it is to safeguard organizational and student data and manage security risks. Dynamic Lifecycle Innovations handles all steps in the data-sanitization process with the utmost care and integrity, and we adhere to the standards and requirements set forth by several governing bodies.
Dynamic is certified by six different environmental, workplace safety, and e-recycling organizations that verify we’re processing educational industries’ IT equipment and private data safely and securely, including the R2 certification. We have experience managing e-recycling and lifecycle-management programs for educational institutions.